Chrono24 – Guarantee of Authenticity
Scope of Application
- The Chrono24 GmbH, Haid-und-Neu-Str. 18, D-76131 Karlsruhe (hereinafter referred to as "Chrono24") is the operator of the Chrono24 online marketplace for high-quality watches (hereinafter "the platform").
- The following Guarantee of Authenticity shall apply to all sales of watches via the platform for which Chrono24 has granted a Guarantee of Authenticity to the buyer.
- The currently applicable conditions of this Authenticity Guarantee can be downloaded and printed out at www.chrono24.com.
Content of Guarantee
Chrono24 warrants in accordance with the following guidelines that the watch is not a counterfeit:
Guidelines for new/unworn watches:
- Every new/unworn watch shall be in unaltered condition – as delivered by manufacturer (apart from protective films or tags).
- If accessories such as wristbands, boxes etc. are not original or not as delivered by the manufacturer, the vendor has to inform about this in the respective product description.
- New/unworn watches which have been "modded" or decorated subsequently have to be marked as "custom" in the respective product description.
Guidelines for used watches:
Watches are objects of daily use which are subject to wear and tear. It is therefore self-evident that watches require maintenance. A watch which was sent for revision still is an original, authentic watch, even if components have been exchanged. The elements affected by such exchange or replacement often are the protective glass, the watch-dial, certain springs and wear parts in the mechanism, housing sealing, screws or sets of hands. Even for proven experts it is often impossible to trace all repairs (e.g. each exchanged component and its originality or the use of an identical component from another manufacturer, such as screws) in a watch when appraising the watch movement. The exchange or replacement of elements does not impair the originality of the purchased object.
On these premises, the following applies to used watches:
- The vendor shall check the watch for possible repairs or replacement parts.
- The vendor shall inform about known deviations from the original condition in the respective product description.
- It can not be guaranteed that used watches feature original wristbands or the complete accessories. However, the vendor shall inform about known deviations as detailed as possible.
Guarantee / Appeal Period
This Guarantee of Authenticity applies only if the Buyer sends a complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days after receipt of the watch.
Expiry of Guarantee
The guarantee expires if the buyer himself or a third party opens the watch or removes parts of the watch without prior consent of Chrono24 in text form (e.g. e-mail).
Settlement of guarantee / Guarantee claim / Maximum Guaranteed Amount
- Chrono24 will get in touch with the vendor after receiving a complaint to examine the case and find a satisfactory solution.
- If no other satisfactory solution can be found, Chrono24 will reimburse the paid purchase price to the buyer, provided that the buyer has sent the watch back to Chrono24 or to the vendor with consent of Chrono24 (“Guarantee claim”).
- The total amount which will be reimbursed to the buyer within the scope of Chrono24’s Guarantee of Authenticity is limited to 50,000 EUR per person and lifetime for all guarantee claims („Maximum Guaranteed Amount “).
- For watch purchases from vendors not holding the status “Trusted Seller”, the total amount covered by the Guarantee of Authenticity is limited to 7,500 EUR per person and calendar year.
Obligation to Mitigate Loss / Assignment Agreement
- The buyer shall take all necessary steps (a) to avoid the occurrence of a guarantee claim and/or (b) to recover payments which have already been made to the vendor.
- The buyer irrevocably assigns all claims against the vendor and third parties (e.g. insurance providers) which are connected to the transaction covered by the guarantee as well as ancillary rights to Chrono24. Chrono24 accepts the assignment. The assignment shall enter into effect in case of guarantee claims (cf. Sec. 5 (2) of these guarantee conditions).
- Should one or several of the provisions in these Guarantee of Authenticity conditions be or become invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions.
- German law solely shall apply to these Guarantee of Authenticity conditions to the exclusion of the UN Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods (CISG). This choice of jurisdiction does not apply or does apply only to limited extent, if the user is a natural person and concludes this contract for a purpose which can be regarded as being outside his trade or profession (consumer) and where such commitment of the user has the effect of depriving the user of consumer protection legislation of his country of residence, which is mandatory according to the law of his country of residence. In this case, aforementioned choice of law is supplemented by the respective consumer protection legislation of the user’s country of residence.
- Karlsruhe, Germany is the place of jurisdiction for any disputes arising from or in connection with this guarantee, if and to the extent to which the Customer is a merchant in the sense of the German Commercial Code (HGB).